This may be a little off-topic, but not really: Back in February, my follower BMary gave me a Liebster Award, because she really enjoyed the things I blog about. I was more than a little flattered when she told me. Usually, I am no big fan of blog memes, but this one is a little different. The aim is to promote blogs with fewer than 200 followers to a wider audience. So, this time, I will join in on the game and spread it a little across our little island of historical sewing blogs. :)
Here is what I have to do to claim the Liebster Award:
First, thank the blogger who has nominated me: Thank you again, BMary. I feel very, very honored. :)
Second, nominate ten other blogs I adore and notify them of the nomination. After long and careful consideration, here are those ten bloggers I would love to receive an award for their wonderful work:
- Making Makes My Life – Kura’s sewing and thrifting blog. I pretty much love every post she writes.
- Threading Through Time – Susan, and her sewing persona Lady Constance, telling the world about their historical sewing projects and all the fun and trials surrounding them. Nicely written and full of beautiful historical sewing.
- Fashion through History – Åsa’s inspiring sewing blog. We like the same periods of fashion, yet I find her creations much more stunning than mine.
- Adventures in Bias Tape – Crystal’s historical sewing blog. Wonderfully written and great to look at.
- Haeckelsdream – Silvermedusa’s blog was the first historical sewing diary I ever followed. She also writes about her famous ancestor Ernst Haeckel. We both like Regency and actually live in the same country.
- Tea in a Teacup – Kelly’s blog was the one that first inspired me to start a Regency wardrobe, along with my own blog. Her creations never fail to inspire me.
- The Bull Rampant – A fellow newbie seamstress working on her Regency wardrobe. She really deserves to be featured on here because I think what she has done so far all looks pretty awesome. :)
- My Darling Dear and the Regency – Abigael is another blogger sewing gorgeous Regency fashion for the Historical Sew Fortnightly.
- Dawn’s Dress Diary – Dawn blogs about her sewing and crafting endeavors. I love to read her diary and look at the beautiful things she makes.
- WyldeHills Costuming – I found this blog through the HSF facebook group. Everything she sews is just perfect and stunning.
These are my ten nominees. I hope you will not mind the meme and join in on the fun. All of you really deserve an award for your writing, and sewing.
Third, come up with ten questions for your ten nominees to answer. As all of the blogs are related to historical sewing, there will also be some sewing questions included:
- What is your favorite historical period?
- How long have you been sewing, and how did you get into it?
- Which historical person would you like to meet and why?
- Do you have a favorite kind of fabric you enjoy working with?
- What will be your next project?
- Which place, in space and/or time, would you love to travel to?
- Where do you wear your sewing creations? Are you a regular at historical events or do you sew it just for yourself?
- Do you have a favorite clothing item, historical or modern?
- What is your favorite book?
- What are your other hobbies?
And fourth, answer the questions you received from the one who nominated you. So, here is my Q&A for BMary… this may be a bit embarrassing *blushes*:
1. Who do you know personally that inspires you the most and why?
Definitely, my dad. He has always had his own take on things and brought me up to be a free spirit, doing what feels right to me. From him, I also got my appreciation of classics, art and history.
2. What is your next goal or project?
Finishing my bachelor’s thesis on personality traits and psychopathy. I would like to finish it soon, along with some sewing. Preferably, without going all psycho myself… ;)
3. What have you always wanted to do?
Learn to play the harp or zither. Admittedly, I do own a zither, but so far I can’t really play it. Perhaps, one day.
4. What is your guilty pleasure song?
Currently, I would say “Landscape” by Florence and the Machine.
5. What’s your favorite animal?
This one is hard to pinpoint. I would say a barking turtle with fluffy cat ears. Does that count?
6. Where and what is your favorite place?
That certain armchair in the back corner of Spreegold café in Berlin. I have not seen it for a whole year now. But when I still lived there, you would find me sitting in it and reading, at least once a week. Here is a picture:
7. What song do I need to listen to, right now?
“Your Mother’s Son-In-Law” by DeeDee Bridgewater (originally it was sung by Billie Holiday though)
8. What is your favorite meal that you cook?
Black beans and rice.
9. Tell me a fun fact about yourself!
I have a French middle name. Not many people know it. But if you find out the first name of the main character I use in stories and role-plays sometimes, you will know it, too.
10. Post a picture of something that is important to you or something you care about.
Okay, now I am probably embarrassing myself. But this is Cal, my stuffed rabbit; she was a graduation gift from my parents. I am well over 20, yet she still travels with me everywhere I go. ;)
That should be all. I think I may leave the stage now and give the Liebster Award a place of honor on my sidebar. It is always a wonderful thing to know others enjoy the things you write, be it a blog post or fiction. I am still feeling chuffed, even a month later. :)